Parsagon welcomes submissions of original and translated poetry, fiction, nonfiction and drama coming from Iran; reviews of Persian books or translations of books on/from Iran, original essays on contemporary Iranian literature and arts, and suggestions for author profiles , literary awards, or related Events. Do not hesitate to contact us if
- you know any writer or literary figure with Iranian background (as well as literati from other Persian-speaking regions and countries);
- you are or know a translator who has recently rendered/published a Persian text to English;
- you want to embark on a translation or research on Iranian literature and seek further sources or help on a writer indexed in Parsagon;
- you have written a review or criticism of a Persian book and would like to publish it on Parsagon or have it linked under the book title;
- you have written an original piece (fiction or nonfiction) in English that you think is related to or interesting for Parsagon.
ARTIST $ WRITER PROFILES
We welcome any suggestions, contributions or submission of details on the profiles of contemporary Iranian authors. Contributions by authors themselves are most welcome. Rolling deadline.
ESSAYS & BOOK REVIEWS
The submission might include one or more critical essays or reviews of literary works in Persian or translated English. Please send no more than 6,000 words in total. Rolling deadline.
We always welcome enthusiastic volunteer contributors who like to dedicate their time to the promotion of Persian literature and arts.
- All submissions should be sent as one Microsoft Word attachment (as a .doc file, please) to email@example.com. The Microsoft Word attachments must be labeled with the last names of the author and translator: authortranslator.doc.
- Your submission must include the original work in .doc or .pdf format along with a statement granting us permission to publish both the original work and the translation online, as well as declaring that you are in a position to grant us such rights.
- Translations submitted for the print issue must not have been previously published.
- Submissions for Parsagon must not be previously published online, but printed materials with no online references are permitted.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but we ask in return that you notify us by email as soon as you learn of an acceptance elsewhere.
- We try to respond to each submission within one to three months. Please query after three months if you have not heard back from us, and would like to know the status of your submission.
- Our finances do not permit us to pay contributors at this time. Apologies.