Javaheri Gillani, Mohammad-Taghi (Langerood, 17 Nov. 1950 – ) (alias Shams Langeroodi).
Contemporary Iranian poet, author, university lecturer, literary historian, researcher and actor. He was born in a religious family, interested in literature. Later his father changed their last name to Shams. He completed his senior school in mathematics. The family background inspired him to pursue poetry wholeheartedly. His first published poem, influenced by the renowned contemporary poet Nader Naderpour, appeared in Omid-e Iran weekly magazine in 1967. Later he moved to Rasht to continue his higher education in economics. In Rasht and under the influence of Charles Pierre Baudelaire, he started to teach in high schools. After his graduation in 1975, he moved to Tehran and started to teach Persian Literature at Kharazmi Girls’ High School. But after a few months, he was fired for political reasons and returned to Rasht.
His debut collection of poetry, entitled as “The Behavior of Thirst”, was published in 1976 at his own expense. This book was written under the influence of Ahmad Shamlou. Three years later, he got married to Farzaneh Davari, and in the same year, he was fired again from his workplace, Children and Adolescents Intellectual Development Center.
Shams Langeroodi’s fame flourished during the 80’s after the publication of a number of poetry collections: “Ash and Lady”, “Invisible Celebration,” and “The Ode of a Fissured Smile”. After a decade of silence, he returned with the publication of “Notes for the Wooden Nightingale,” followed by a series of poetry collections, including: “Fifty-three Love Songs”, “Drawing your Hands”, “Night is a Public Mask”, and “Twenty-two Elegies in July,” in which his used of surreal imagery got established and his strong tendency towards Postmodernism in tone and syntax was revealed.
Since 2010 Shams Langeroodi has started a new acting career, beginning with his acting as a poet in Flamingo No. 13 (directed by Hamidreza Aligholian), and then in Five to Five (directed by Tara Otadi) and Risk of Acid Rain (directed by Behtash Sanayiha). In 2018, he appeared in Reza Fahimi’s film, Life Again.
He was initially influenced by the language and vision of Fereydoon Tavallali, Fereydoon Moshiri, and more importantly, Nader Naderpour. His political activities and the conditions of society made him inclined to the poetry of Siavash Kasraei and Ahmad Shamlou. After writing “The Ode of the Fissured Smile”, he turned to simplicity and fluency of the spoken language by distancing himself from his inspiring predecessors. Simplicity, stenography, humor, everyday life, love and nature are the main elements of his poetry.
• The Behavior of Thirst – (1976), [رفتار تشنگی]
• In the World’s Loggia (1984) – [در مهتابی دنیا]
• Ash and Lady (بانو و خاکستر – (1986
• The Invisible Celebration (ناپیدا جشن ,(1988
• The Ode of a Fissured Smile (چاک چاک لبخند قصیده ,(1990
• Notes for the Wooden Nightingale (چوبی بلبل برای های نت ,(2000
2004), پنجاه و سه ترانه عاشقانه) songs love three-Fifty•
• Gardener of Hell (جهنم باغبان ,(2006
• Sailor of the Streets (ها خیابان ملح ,(2008
• Shepherding Shadows [Selected by Karim Rajabzadeh] (سایهها چوپانی ,(2009
• No one Spoke to Me about His Future [Selected by Azadeh Kazemi]
2010), هیچکس از فردایش با من سخن نگفت)
• Twenty-two Elegies in July (۲۲ ماه تیر در مرثیه ,(2010
• Forgive Me My Long Street [Selected by Gholamreza Barousan] (بلندم خیابان ببخش مرا ,(2010
• Lipreadings of My Trout (من قزلآلی لبخوانیهای ,(2011
2011), رسم کردن دستهای تو) Hands Your Drawing•
• I die, because I Was Still Alive (بودم زنده هنوز آنکه جرم به میمیرم ,(2011
• The night is a Public Mask (است عمومی نقاب شب ,(2012
• Chansons of a Wingless Angel [Anthology] (بیبال فرشتهی آوازهای ,(2014
• Day’s Balance on My Finger [Anthology] (انگشتم بر روز تعادل ,(2014
• Life is the Sea’s Tale [Anthology] (زندگی دریاست حکایت ,(2014
• The Salty Cyclone of Lunacy [Researching Hindi Style and Kalim Kashani’s Poetry]
1986), گردباد شور جنون)
• School of Returning [Research on History and Poetry of Afsharieh, Zandieh and Qajarieh
1993), مکتب بازگشت) [Eras
• An Analytic History of Persian Modern Poetry (نو شعر تحلیلی تاریخ) (1979–1905) (4
• My Favourite Quatrain (من محبوب رباعی ,(1999
• The Day when Snows Red (ببارد سرخ برف که روزی ,(2000
• The Desperate Reaches his Intention (رسد می مقصود به گذشته جان از) (Life of Nima Yooshij),
• March on the Hollow Soil (پوک خاک بر رژه ,(1991
• Who Likes the Defeated Ones? (دارد دوست کسی چه را خوردگان شکست ,(2008 (Not yet
• Those Who Came to My House (آمدند من خانهی به که آنها ,(2016
• Hearing from Others, Telling from Oneself (گفت خود از و شنیدن دیگران از) ,(Not yet published)
• The Reflection of an Imperfect Life (ناتمام زندگی بازتاب ,(2007
• The Night Maryam Got Lost (شد گم مریم که شبی ,(1989
• Roman and Native [A New Version of Mouse and Cat] (بومی و رومی ,(2001
Shams Langeroodi, English Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shams_Langeroodi
Shams Langeroody, Goodreads, https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/848591._
Shams Langeroodi Mohammadtaghi لنگرودی شمس محمدتقی ,Wikiadabiat, http://wikiadabiat.net/
Shams Langeroodi, Blogfa, http://www.shamselangeroodi.blogfa.com/