Professor Badiozzaman Forouzanfar (originally named Mohammad-Hassan Boshruyei) was born on 12 July 1904 in Boshruyeh of Ferdows County and passed away on May 6, 1970. His father was a great figure of Boshruyeh and a renowned poet of the Constitutional Period, and this led to the son’s pursuit of scholarly education first in his hometown and later in Sepahsalar School of Tehran. He was a scholar of Persian literature, culture and linguistics and a peerless expert on Mawlana Jalaleddin Rumi and was granted a Doctorate of Philosophy by the jury of the University of Tehran headed by Ali-Akbar Dehkhoda for his research on the life and works of Rumi. Forouzanfar then started teaching at the University of Tehran and in the meantime was a prolific researcher, member of the Senate, and director of the Royal Library.The Badiozzaman Forouzanfar Foundation was formed about half a century after his death in 2012 as a non-governmental organ to conduct a literary festival in commemoration of his high stance and scholarly achievements. A year later the foundation managed to establish theBadiozzaman Forouzanfar Award to laud young researchers and promote the research culture in Iran whose first issue was successfully held in December 2013.
First Edition, 2013
The first edition of the Badiozzaman Forouzanfar Awards, entitled as “From Quniyeh to Boshruyeh” was held on Tuesday, December 03, 2013 at Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts. The first edition was held without a real competition and the awards were dedicated to veteran and acknowledged researchers in order to declare the awards’ establishment. The first round of Forouzanfar Awards lauded 22 prolific researchers:
- Mohammad-Reza Shafiei Kadkani, Mir Jalaleddin Kazzazi, Baha’eddin Khorramshahi, Towfiq Sobhani, Ahmad Mojahed, Kazem Mohammadi, Taqi Pournamdarian, Nasser Saheb-Zamani, Ali Owjabi, Enayatollah Majidi, Shahram Nazeri, Abdolhossein Mokhtabad, Mohammad-Ebrahim Jafari, Manijeh Armin, Noushin Pasdar, Mahdi Khamseh, Farzan Afshar Khanjani, Alireza Pour-Raf’ati, Seyyed Rouhollah Fereydouni, Mahdi Salarinejad, Reyhaneh Tahani, & EhsanAghayi, manager of Tehran Museum of Contemporary Arts
Second Edition, 2014
During the second edition, Dr Forouzanfar’s books reprinted by The University of Tehran’s Press were unveiled, while publishers Negah, Payam-e Edalat, Elmi-Farhangi and Amir Kabir were also lauded. Awards were granted to: Masoumeh Gholami, Hassan Keradmandan, Mohammad Kheradmandan, Simin Jalali, Alireza Esmailpour, Farzaneh A’zam-Lotfi, Zeyad Kavousinejad, Sediqeh Sadat Rajaei-zadeh, Leili Bal-Ahram, Majid Pourahmad, Ahmad Qaem-Maqami, Andisheh Fouladvand, Sarah Rastkhiz, Nasrollah Pourjavadi, Mahdi Mohaqeq, and Mohsen Mesbah.
First published in December 2013. Updated in February 2019
Latest posts by Farzaneh Doosti (see all)
- Three Poems by Ali-Akbar Sadeghi - September 25, 2019
- Dariush Shayegan, Author of Cultural Schizophrenia Dies - March 22, 2018
- Birth of Bahram: a memorial - January 7, 2018
- Kalat Claimed - October 28, 2017
- Top Ten Translations from Persian in 2016 - January 22, 2017